Have your tried cleansing your crystal with sage? Have you ever wondered if you are doing it right?
These powerful and lovely little rocks are surely a great additions to our self-care, but sometimes the crystals also need a little care.There are a number of ways to cleanse your crystals, and you should find the method that best suits your needs.
One of the most common way? Sage Smudging! :)
So, how do you use the sage to clean your crystals?
Smudging is a safe and secure method for removing negative energy from your crystals.The most typical approach to cleanse crystals with sage is to blow smoke from burning dried sage leaves around your crystal.
This smoke is used to cleanse negative energy from an object, space or person leaving them feeling re-energized and ready to take on the world.
How is a smudging ritual done?
In a practice called smudging, smoke from burning dried plants is used to cleanse and purify a person, place, or object and restore its balance.
- A lighter/matches/lit candle
- A sage bundle of your choice
- A heat proof bowl or abalone shell
- Feather (optional)
How do you do It?
- Light the tip of the smudge bundle of your choice.
- Let it burn for 30 seconds, then blow out the flame until the leaf tips are releasing smoking.
- Put your crystal in the heat proof bowl.
- With your hand or a feather, spread the smoke around the crystal so that all parts of it have contact with a smoky current of air. You can also move the bowl through the smoke while saying your intention. Do this for 30 seconds
- Cleanse your area or room by waving the sage in the 4 corners of the room. Do this until the smoldering goes out and the smoke stops.
- After you’ve smudged chant your mantra or intention once again.
Caution & Reminders: Before you light it up, remember to open a door or window as the unwanted energy you are trying to clear must have a pathway to get out.
Avoid directly inhaling the smoke and do not overly purify the area with smoke.
If you are unable to keep your sage lighted, it is possible the bundle was packed too tight. Loosen the ribbon around the sage and take the tip and give it some breathing space. This helps to keep your sage smoking.
3 Different Common Sage Types That Can Be Used To Clean Crystals
White Sage (Salvia apiana)
Covers the basic ritual cleansing needs, such as transmuting negative energy, healing, protection, etc. Regarded as a sacred plant used for rituals, and used in medicinal healing practices as well.
Garden Sage (Salvia officianalis)
Garden sage, if dried and bundled correctly, could have cleansing effect.
Lavender Sage (Salvia leucophylla or Salvia mellifera)
Lavender Sage is known for its sedating and calming effects, so it is great when dealing with anxiety. It also helps transmute that negative energy into peaceful loving energy. It also has a very pleasant floral scent when burning.
How Does Sage Work To Cleanse Negative Energy?
Scientists have observed that sage can clear airborne bacteria in a space and disinfect the air.
When sage is burned, it releases negative ions, which helps the energy around an object become more in harmony with its environment, and gives you a greater sense of relaxation and a positive mood.
If you are feeling down, negative, stuck, or in a spiritual low place, smudging is an excellent way to change things for the better.
You can smudge anytime just to connect to a state of spiritual clarity and harmony!
“I am grateful for health, abundance, and happiness.”